Monday, 2 April 2012

Xi'an

During my trip to China in 2010 I visited Xi'an, which is famously home to the amazing Terracotta Army and beautiful Giant Wild Goose Pagoda. If you're interested in Buddhism, like me, then you'll find it so enthralling. 


(All of the following pictures have been taken by me)


 The Terracotta army is a collection of terraccotta warriors and horses that were found by local farmers in 1974. They were buried with the first Emperor of China in order to protect him in his afterlife and so that he had people to rule over.


I definitely recommend that you visit it, if you're in Xi'an, as it's one of the most impressive things I've ever seen.




This is the Giant Wild Goose Pagoda in Xi'an, it's a buddhist pagoda, which was built in 652.


The television screens show the Dalai Lama talking.  




We also visited the Huaqing Hot Springs whilst we were there, an imperial bathing pool, including a natural pool full of fish that bite your feet for around 20 yuan (£2!) It has a beautiful collection of palaces and springs which are lovely to visit for an hour or so on a hot humid day.

















This is the exact reason for why I love China, you can immerse yourself in the diverse industrial cities and to get away, just outside are these beautiful picturesque gardens. 

No comments:

Post a Comment